Darwin Day is coming up on February 12! Darwin Day is a global celebration of science and reason The International Darwin Day Foundation, a project of the American Humanist Association and founded by Dr. Robert Stephens, works to promote the celebration of science and humanity on the anniversary of Charles Darwin’s birth.
How does your local group plan to celebrate Darwin Day? Here are some things you can do:
1. Register your Darwin Day event at www.darwinday.org. Our goal this year is to have over 500 Darwin Day events held around the world! Check out the list to see how other groups are celebrating, see our list of resources for organizers, and generate a new idea for celebrating in 2014.
2. “Like” Darwin Day on Facebook. We’re close to 10,000 followers! We’ll be posting daily updates on the Darwin Day Facebook page, such as breaking news on science or evolution issues, information local Darwin Day events, sharable cover/profile images of Darwin and evolution, and more! You can also reply “yes” to our official Darwin Day 2014 Facebook event.
3. Send a Darwin Day e-card to your friends and relatives! It’s absolutely free to use and helps spread the word about Darwin Day!
4. Encourage your local government to issue a Darwin Day Proclamation. More information can be found on the Darwin Day website. Has your group already successfully secured a proclamation? Let us know about it, and we’ll share it with others!
5. Download Darwin Day cover images on Facebook. We have an excellent “Humanism Evolving” image for your Facebook profile page; posting it is a great way to promote Darwin Day to your followers.
Visit www.darwinday.org for more information!